Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Top Ten Shows I've Attended



The Format is as Follows: Band(s), Location, Date, Reason (Enjoy!)

10. The Descendents, Portland, April 1997, I want to be stereotyped!

9. The Skatalites w/ the Toasters and the Mad Caddies, Portland, September 1997, Appetizer: ska, Main course: ska, dessert: ska.

8. The Bouncing Souls w/ Flogging Molly, Seattle, November 2001, Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole! (With some bagpipes on top).

7. The Specials w/ Buck-O-Nine, Portland, June 1996, At the time, my two absolute favorite bands.

6. Of Montreal w/ The Fiery Furnaces, Ybor City, December 2008, Music + theatrics = Now that's entertainment.

5. Sonic Youth w/ The Amps and Bikini Kill, Portland, November 1995, Again--Kim Deal (plus, Sonic Youth had my ears bleeding from the feedback by the end--an early Christmas gift for any 15-year-old).

4. Rancid w/ AFI and The Distillers Salt Lake City, Spring 2001, Cruise Control!

3. The Stokes w/ Hello Amsterdam, Salt Lake City, September 2006, Completely flawless.

2. The Faint w/The Show is the Rainbow, St. Petersburg, October 2008, Amazing energy--danced the night away.

1. The Breeders w/ Lutefisk and Paleface, Portland, May 1997, I love Kim Deal!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I don't see Eve 6. :P

They are only on my Top Ten list because I've only been to 6 concerts that I can think of at the moment...

Unknown said...

Good idea for top ten lists...I'm happy reading about anything that you post.

Di said...

Hey, I recall that Rancid/ AFI concert in SLC of which you speak. It was quite lovely.

Your blog makes me laugh :) Same ol' Katie Lee. Awesome. Lists always make good posts. Its my fall back as well.