Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Top Ten Favorite Cities

My travels are limited (the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Italy), but thus far, these are my favorite cities, and why:
1. Portland, OR (Pioneer Courthouse Square and pretty much everything else)


2. Denver, CO (16th Street Mall and LoDo)


3. Venice, Italy (No cars!!!! A total dream for me)


4. Seattle, WA (Love everything, except the perpetual drizzle)


5. Savannah, GA (Public squares everywhere, oh and a cool cemetery)



6. Charleston, SC (Great downtown--shoppes, restaurants, historic buildings, homes)


7. St. Augustine, FL (Narrow, winding streets)


8. Charlottesville, VA (UVA campus, history, architecture, site planning by Jefferson)


9. Richmond, VA (Hmm, okay, pretty much just Bill's BBQ)


10. St. Petersburg, FL (Some great architecture, brick roads, and pink streets--that's right, pink streets!)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

You've been too many places. It's not fair. :P

Unknown said...

I agree with the above statement and I also love that you have been able to travel, hence me living vicariously through you, so don't ever stop traveling or the drool will stop coming out of the most envious mouth.

Di said...

Pink streets you say? That sounds delightful.

britt said...

I'm crushed Provo did not make the final cut.